2016 Gehl Z17
Since the beginning, Gehl has focused on providing solutions to our customer’s needs by building quality, reliable products. With a long history of reliability and innovation, Gehl is responsive to the equipment and service needs of our customers. With modern compact equipment manufacturing facilities in Yankton and Madison, South Dakota, and a state-of-the-art research and design facility in West Bend, Wisconsin, Gehl ensures that they are equipped with the finest in technology, tools and materials. And our top corps of engineers are skilled in designing and enhancing high-quality machines to fit the specific needs of our customers. Our equipment is modern in design and performance, but not too complicated to operate or service. And when you purchase a piece of Gehl equipment, you have an entire organization behind you and your business. When you need support, whether it be financing, parts or service, know that Gehl will be there to provide an exceptional experience. We continually strive to preserve the level of personalized attention that Gehl began with in 1859.
Features may include:
The ergonomic operator’s cabin on the Z17 provides excellent visibility and easy entry and exit.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z17 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z17 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z17 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.